New London Public Library
Local History & Genealogy Collection
(NOTE: This index is obsolete and was compiled by volunteers. It will NOT be updated and is only provided as a sampling of our collection.)
We have a digital microfilm scanner. Patrons can print, save to USB flashdrives, or email scans! There is no charge to save scans to flashdrives/CD-Rom or email
The New London Public Library maintains an excellent collection of genealogy and local history. The collection includes microfilm copies of The New London Record dating back to 1873 with a partial index available. A microfilm reader-printer is available for use with a small charge for copies.
Genealogy Correspondence Policy & Procedures:
- New London Public Library staff will engage in simple searches for specific requests; ie obituaries with date of death provided, etc. Please note, library staff performing genealogy services are not certified genealogists or experts. Extensive searches should be done in person. We can not perform in-depth research.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse inquiries that are considered lengthy or extensive.
- Copyright law prevents copying of entire books or volumes.
- Library staff will provide citation information on all genealogy requests.
- Requests are taken via telephone, fax, or email. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Requests must include the name, address and contact information of the requestor.
- Fees must be paid in advance and prior to research being performed.
Simple searches: $5 plus copies and postage
Copies are .15 per page (No charge for .pdf copies sent via email)
Obituaries: $2.50 each plus postage
Email requests to: email@example.com
Address: 67 South Main Street, New London, OH 44851
Those requiring research assistance should contact:
Huron County Chapter, Ohio Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 923
Norwalk, OH 44857-0923